Resetting a Chromebook
Modified on: Mon, Aug 31, 2020 at 11:38 AM
- Turn off the device and remove from AC power
- While the device is still off hold ESC + + POWER. After a few seconds the screen will display a yellow exclamation point (!).
- Press CTRL + D to begin dev mode, then ENTER. The screen displays a red exclamation point.
- Press CTRL + D, then ENTER. The Chromebook deletes its local data, returning to its initial state. The deletion takes approximately 5 minutes.
- When the transaction completes, press the spacebar, then press ENTER to return to verified
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.