Uploading Files and Folders to Google Drive
Modified on: Thu, Jun 9, 2016 at 10:41 AM
Upload files and folders to Google Drive
You can upload, view, share, and edit files with Google Drive.
Types of files
COMPUTER ANDROIDIPHONE & IPAD
Upload & view files
On your computer, you can upload from drive.google.com or your desktop. You can upload files into private or shared folders.
Drag files into Google Drive
- On your computer, go to drive.google.com.
- Open or create a folder.
- To upload files and folders, drag them into the Google Drive folder.
Use the Google Drive application for your Mac/PC
Install the application on your computer.
- On your computer, you'll see a folder called "Google Drive".
- Drag files or folders into that folder. They will upload to Drive and you will see them on drive.google.com.
Convert documents into Google formats
If you want to upload files like Microsoft Word documents, you can change a setting to convert files.
Note: You can only change Google Drive settings from your computer.
- Using a computer, go to drive.google.com/drive/settings.
- Next to "Convert Uploads," check the box.
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.