Accessing many services on the KPS network requires the installation and use of VPN (Virtual Private Network) software. The following applications do not require the use of this software and can be accessed from any computer with Internet access outside our network:
- Teacher Access Center (TAC Gradebook)
NOTE: The VPN software can only be installed and used from outside of the KPS network. It will not work when a computer is connected to our network.
NOTE 2: User accounts must be in the VPN Users group in order to log in. Please submit a Help Desk ticket requesting to be added to that group.
NOTE 3: Click here for instructions on setting up a mobile device to access
GroupWise email, contacts and calendars.
Installing the Software
- Verify you can access the internet on your computer.
- Go to https://vpn.kalamazoopublicschools.com.
- Enter your Novell credentials.
- Follow the instructions to launch the AnyConnect installer. Accept all requests during installation and accept all default settings.
- After the installation is complete close any internet browsers you may have open.
Using the Software
- From the start menu launch the Cisco AnyConnect software.
- At the Cisco Any Connect Secure Mobility Client Window use the following address"vpn.kalamazoopublicschools.com".
- Enter your Novell Credentials when prompted.
- If successful you will now have an icon in the system tray that says "VPN: Connected".
- Everything you do from this point will be on the KPS "virtual" network. To disconnect from VPN simply find the AnyConnect icon in the system tray and click "VPN Disconnect". You will now be on the network you used to connect to the internet at the beginning of these instructions.
Accessing Network Drives
NOTE: This only works on Windows computers with the Novell Client installed.
- From the system tray right click on the red "N" and go the the first option "Novell Login" and use your Novell credentials again.
On newer systems, the icon is not a red "N." Here is the icon you will see on newer systems:
- Launch "My Computer" and verify your network drives are available.
- Open your web browser and go to https://esp.kalamazoopublicschools.com/eschoolplus.
- Log in and use the software as you normally would.